The Swedish version of StartupTools has been live since 2015 (then launched under the name StartupDocs.se). My Swedish legal partner and lawyer Mattias Larsson has helped out since day one and he has done most of the legal work related to the documents published here.
18 December 2019
- Launched SWEAT advisor options, which standardizes the expectations and compensation between startups and advisors.
19 December 2018
- Added WISE convertible. Inspired by Y Combinator’s Safe documents (which have become standard in the U.S.), the WISE mimics a convertible loan, but can never be repaid and has no interest rate, hence it counts as equity (instead of debt) in the balance sheet.
- Also added a brief introduction to startup funding in general for Swedish startups in particular.
- Added lots of explanatory comments in the founders’ agreement and the shareholders’ agreements, making them easier to read and understand.
- Launched this international website StartupTools.org, replacing many local StartupDocs.xx sites. Thanks Victor Ginsburg Müller for the design!
10 May 2018
- Mainly formatting updates to the shareholders’ agreements. Now it’s much easier to export to other formats.
- Added a new version of the shareholders’ agreement for companies with investors but no lead investor.
24 April 2018
- Added guide and documents for the new low-tax qualified employee stock options for startups (“QESO”). Huge thanks to lawyer Ian Slettengren for making this possible.
- Several updates to the shareholders’ agreements
14 December 2017
- Major review of investment documents and founders’ agreements.
- Added non-disclosure agreements:
- One-way NDA
- Two-way NDA
23 December 2016
- Added employment agreements:
- Permanent employment
- Probationary employment
- Hourly wage
- Managing director
26 January 2016
- Simplified redemption/vesting clause in employee warrant agreement.
3 December 2015
- Added founders’ agreement for companies without investors.
- Added instructions for investments without lead investor.
- Added support for physical founders.
- In shareholders’ agreement, non-compete now relates to ownership (not employment).
- Added guide and template for unit economics.
28 April 2015
- Added schedule 3 in the subscription agreement, including minutes from general meeting and board meeting.
- Fixed minor typo in term sheet.
- Clarification of tax consequences in the guide to stock options.
31 March 2015
- First version of documents for seed investments:
- Also release tools for warrants to employees:
- Warrant guide for Swedish startups
- The documents needed to implement stock options
- Let’s give Mattias Larsson some love for putting huge efforts into these documents.